Tuesday, April 30, 2024

What are we Writing

.

I'm always asking my writer friends what they're writing. Today Writers Who Kill are sharing their works in progress.


Connie Berry: I’m working on two books at the moment: a sixth Kate Hamilton mystery and a historical. How am I doing this? With some difficulty. 


Sarah Burr: I'm juggling two different projects at the moment. Flying Off the Candle, book three in the Glenmyre Whim Mysteries, is in the final editing stages with my editor. I'm aiming for a late May release. I'm also writing the final book in my Court of Mystery series--book fourteen! I'm trying to wrap up all of Duchess Jacqueline's experiences, and, boy, it's more than a bit tricky! 



Kait Carson
: I’m working on No Return, the first of a new series set in Maine, and a short story. 




Margaret S. Hamilton
: My debut amateur sleuth mystery, What the Artist Left Behind, is on submission. I'm finishing the first draft of the next in the Jericho Mysteries, What the Author Left Behind. I plan to write two short stories in anticipation of summer and early fall deadlines. 



Lori Herbst
: Graven Images, Book 6 in the Callie Cassidy Mystery series, released April 23. Now I'm turning my attention to a new series, The Seahorse Cove Mysteries. Stay tuned! 


Marilyn Levinson: I’m writing the first book in my new mystery series, the Dickens Island series. I’m also writing the third book in my middle grade children’s series entitled Rufus and the Dark Side of Magic. I've recently finished the edits of my romantic suspense, Come Home to Death, which will be out today. Also out today is my short story, "Stabbed in the Heart" in the anthology, First Comes Love, Then Comes Murder. 

Molly MacRae: I’m finishing up book two in the Haunted Shell Shop mysteries, There’ll be Shell to Pay, and gearing up for the June 25th release of book one, Come Shell or High Water. On Ocracoke Island, off the coast of North Carolina, Maureen Nash comes face-to-face with the ghost of a pirate and also trips over a dead body. It isn’t the best start to a beach vacation. 


Korina Moss: I just finished revisions for the fifth Cheese Shop Mystery, Fondue or Die. It's releasing October 22nd, and is available for preorder now. The lazy, hazy, dairy days of summer are coming to a close in the Sonoma Valley. . . and so is someone’s life. 



Shari Randall: My next release is ages away, but I’m currently working on two new projects and wrestling with a short story. So stay tuned.

 

Martha Reed: I spent most of March drafting The Seven Gates, my third NOLA Mystery from a studio apartment in an authentic Creole cottage in New Orleans on Rampart Street near the French Quarter. The phrase “madwoman in the attic” comes to mind. It may fit. 

KM Rockwood: I'm finishing up a short story collection, Miss Grayling Minds Her Murders. I have 10 stories now (a few have been published, but most have not) and am trying to decide if I should add another to bring the collection to 70,000 words. 


Grace Topping: I’m doing the final edit on my submission of “There’s Always Plan B” to the anthology First Comes Love, Then Comes Murder.

Susan Van Kirk: I'm writing the fifth book in the Endurance Mysteries, and it's different than the earlier books because Grace Kimball, the protagonist, is married and running a bed and breakfast with her husband, Jeff. However, a very strange situation from the past comes back to haunt the present, and a cold case becomes far less cold for Detective TJ Sweeney. I don't have a title yet, of course, because that will come as I write. So, stay tuned. Hoping to get it out this coming fall. 

Heather Weidner: Deadlines and Valentines, the fourth book in the Jules Keene Glamping series, is due out in October. A Tisket A Tasket, Not Another Casket, the third book in my Mermaid Bay Christmas Shoppe Mysteries, will be published next January. I also have two short stories that will be published this year. “Dead over Heels” will be published in First Comes Love, Then Comes Murder, and “Game Over” will be published in a SinC chapter anthology. 

Wow! Talk about a prolific group. I’m limbering up my pre-order list now.

9 comments:

  1. No wonder my to-be-read pile keeps growing and growing and growing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear that most of us are forging ahead with out various projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! More to read. Congrats to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori Roberts HerbstApril 30, 2024 at 12:45 PM

    What a talented and prolific group of writers. I'm proud to be associated with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see what everyone is up to. We're a hard-working bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra H. GoldsteinApril 30, 2024 at 2:51 PM

    Lots of new books and stories to anticipate!

    ReplyDelete