Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Strawberry Cheesecake, Banana Split or Chocolate Cake and Why

Strawberry Cheesecake, Banana Split or Chocolate Cake and Why?

Eating preferences can tell you a lot about an individual’s personality. Here’s a little insight into each of the Writers Who Kill bloggers.


Connie Berry - Cheesecake, please—but hold the strawberries.

Lori Roberts Herbst - Strawberry cheesecake. I'm not a huge ice cream eater. I love chocolate (too much), but there's just something about cheesecake that tingles my tastebuds.

Debra H. Goldstein – Chocolate Cake – especially a multi-layer one with raspberry filling between the layers puts me into a sugar high frenzy.

James M. Jackson - Ice cream stands on its own as a great dessert, so diluting it with a banana doesn't make sense to me. I enjoy chocolate cake (& chocolate frosting), but I love the dense richness of cheesecake. And when you combine that with the sweet strawberry glaze, YUM!

E.B. Davis - Hard choice. A banana split because of the variety within, different flavors of ice cream and toppings, but hold the whip cream (it’s much ado about nothing).

Korina Moss - Strawberry cheesecake, as long as it’s from Junior’s (NYC). 

K.M. Rockwood - Chocolate cake! Dark chocolate, with three-minute boiled fluffy frosting. And a big glass of cold milk. My mother made wonderful chocolate cake every time my Aunt Mary came to visit. I loved it. I always tried to save my milk to drink with it (we were limited to one glassful per meal) but I seldom managed to save more than a mouthful.

Shari Randall - I have to choose? Drat! Then it's strawberry cheesecake all the way - I love strawberries and cheesecake is so wonderfully indulgent.

Nancy Eady - Chocolate cake.  With white buttercream icing.  Because I'm a purist at heart and the banana split mixes too many flavors, while I just plain don't like cheesecake. 

Kait Carson - Chocolate cake. Especially my Chocolate Church Cake – it’s a chocolatepoloza. Is there anything better?

Lisa Malice - Cheesecake and chocolate cake are everyday desserts. But a banana split is a real treat, an indulgence in flavors and calories. Haven’t had one is years!

Martha Reed - Strawberry (or any type of) cheesecake because ice cream and icing are too sweet. 

Mary Dutta - Chocolate cake, because chocolate!

Susan Van Kirk - I’d pick strawberry cheesecake. Cheesecake in any possible configuration would be at the top of my list. I love chocolate, but chocolate cake is too much chocolate.

Margaret S. Hamilton - Chocolate ganache cake lush with dark chocolate goodness.

Marilyn Levinson - Strawberry cheesecake--because it's the healthiest. 

Heather Weidner - Chocolate anything is always my go-to dessert. I survived college and grad school on chocolate and caffeine. 

Annette Dashofy - Although most people know I’m a chocoholic, I would choose Strawberry cheesecake. (Chocolate cheesecake would be my ultimate decadent choice, though.)

Grace Topping - Chocolate cake is at the top of my list of dessert favorites. I love chocolate. Cheesecake is usually at the bottom. Since I don’t like bananas, a banana split isn’t even on the list.

Sarah Burr - I can’t say no to a multi-layered chocolate cake. I love desserts that take a long time to eat (so you can enjoy it more), and eating a cake piece-by-piece without fear of anything melting is the best!

Molly MacRae - Really dark, moist chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. Why? Because why bother with the others if you can have really dark, moist chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting?






 








11 comments:

  1. I would probably take the cheesecake, but that's a tough choice. All three sound good.

    And now, I'm very, very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sort of set expectations for the day, doesn't it?

      Delete
    2. Mark, next time we see each other, we need to make a cheesecake date!

      Delete
  2. Fun to see the whys behind the choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not everyone selected chocolate cake! Scandalous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm team chocolate cake: moist, luscious, decadent, perhaps with a mysterious undertone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so quickly answered cheesecake, but honestly, I'd take any of them! (And now I want any of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori Roberts HerbstApril 17, 2024 at 11:21 AM

    My sweet tooth is jiggling around in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stomach growling and really shouldn't be so soon after breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, for my May post, I'm doing a recipe for something CHOCOLATE.

    ReplyDelete