Monday, August 8, 2022

Ingredients for Mint Chocolate Murder

By Meri Allen

What’s the recipe for a fun mystery? When I was writing my latest Ice Cream Shop mystery, I decided to indulge myself and add an ingredient I’ve been dying to use for ages: I’ve always wanted to set a murder in a moody haunted castle.


My publisher asked me to write an anagram using the letters of the title of the book. Here’s a list of some of the other ingredients in MINT CHOCOLATE MURDER – I hope you’ll check it out.



 

M – Mysterious supermodel with a royal secret

I -- Ice cream social to die for

N  -- New England village of your Hallmark dreams

T -- Teashops and treachery 

 

C -- Crafty clues and red herrings

H -- Haunted Scottish castle 

O -- Obsessions turned deadly

C -- Cat who needs therapy

O – One hot veterinarian

L -- Locked room mystery

A – Art world gossip

T – Tantalizing twists

E – Enemies and frenemies

 

M -- Malicious suspects

U – Unrequited love

R -- Race against the clock 

D -- Danger in the dungeon 

E – Extra sprinkles!

R -- Riley Rhodes, my main character, an ice cream shop manager and former CIA librarian with plenty of secrets of her own


Authors, try an anagram with the title of your latest!

Readers, what are your favorite ingredients in a novel?



Meri Allen is the pen name for Shari Randall, author of the Lobster Shack Mystery series. She loves anagrams and word games.

7 comments:

  1. Clever!

    I think my favorites ingredients are the characters, what leads them to crime and how they deal with the aftermath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover. Good luck with sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I'll try one for my September post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! I hope to see your ingredient list soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new ice cream mystery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading the book and look forward to the next one. However, I do think your publisher needs to title the books after reading the content! This one should have been The Problem with Pumpkin Spice.

    ReplyDelete