If you are interested in blogging or want to promote your book, please contact E. B. Davis at writerswhokill@gmail.com.


Our reason for creating WWK originated as an outlet for our love of reading and writing mystery fiction. We hope you love it, too, and will enjoy our holiday gifts to our readers with original short stories to celebrate the season. Starting on 11/16 stories by Warren Bull, Margaret S. Hamilton, Paula Gail Benson, Linda Rodriguez, KM Rockwood, Gloria Alden, and E. B. Davis will appear every Thursday into the New Year.


Our November Author Interviews: 11/8--Ellen Byron, and 11/15--Sujata Massey. Please join us in welcoming these authors to WWK.


November Saturday Bloggers: 11/4 Margaret S. Hamilton and 11/11 Cheryl Hollon.


Congratulations to our writers for the following publications:

Shari Randall's "Pets" will be included in Chesapeake Crimes: Fur, Feathers, and Felonies anthology, which will be published in 2018. In the same anthology "Rasputin," KM Rockwood's short story, will also be published. Her short story "Goldie" will be published in the Busted anthology, which will be released by Level Best Books on April 25th.


In addition, our prolific KM will have the following shorts published as well: "Making Tracks" in Passport to Murder, Bouchercon anthology, October 2017 and "Turkey Underfoot," just published, will appear in the anthology The Killer Wore Cranberry: a Fifth Course of Chaos.


James M. Jackson's 4th book in the Seamus McCree series, Doubtful Relations, is now available. His novella "Low Tide at Tybee" appears February 7 as part of Lowcountry Crimes: Four Novellas, which is available for order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, October 21, 2011

Ode to my Muse


Ode to My Muse


Now I lay me down to sleep

I look for peace In slumber deep

Counting characters instead of sheep

My writing brain goes beep beep beep

That change of scene lies in a heap

The villain’s plan just will not keep

And he must sew ‘ere he can reap

The hero, gagged, can only, “Meep.”

“Til the heroine comes at a creep

She’ll cut his bonds and up he’ll leap

Away from lava’s deadly seep

To make the villain gnash and weep

The cobwebs from my brain I sweep

I spill my thoughts on paper cheap

So melancholic I could weep

Now turn off brain. I need my sleep.


Note: I will be touring the North Island of New Zealand for most of this week so I won't be able to respond to you comments, but please feel free to tell me what you think. I'll read the comments when I get back

2 comments:

Pauline Alldred said...

I like to enter my fictional world while I'm waiting for sleep in the hope that a dream will reveal a plot point. Sometimes it works but not always in the way I expect.

E. B. Davis said...

I sometimes plot in my sleep, too. It's annoying because I will wake up periodically, knowing that I'm plotting, but of course do I write anything down? No, I roll over and go back to plotting. Sometimes I will devolve other authors' work in my brain. I remember the plot line as if on a graph, the line jogging back and forth, then climbing upward soaring and then falling to conclusion and thinking what a great job that author did plotting. No, I don't remember the author either.