Thursday, May 30, 2024

We are thrilled to welcome Teresa Inge as a regular blogger to Writers Who Kill! Take it away Teresa. 

Where are you from?

I live in southeastern Virginia with my husband A.J. and dog Luke, a brown, mixed-lab shepherd. Living near Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks of North Carolina has advantages. Beach days, fresh seafood, and scenic views make it a beautiful place to live.

What writing organizations do you belong to?

I am a lifetime member of Sisters in Crime and president of the SinC Mystery by the Sea chapter. I belong to the Short Mystery Fiction Society, Hampton Roads Writers, and Virginia Writers Club.

What are your last publications?

"Maid of Murder" appears in First Comes Love, Then Comes Murder on June 4. The story features wine shop owner Lainey Gentry who discovers a dead body in her wine room and tries to clear her name after being accused of murdering a bridesmaid. Before that, my short story "What’s a Little Murder Between Friends" appeared in Malice, Matrimony, & Murder last year.

Do you have a writing process?

Since I work full-time, I often write in my car during lunch. Some weather conditions that I encounter while writing are snowfall, pouring rain, thunderstorms, and heat. But mostly, the climate is mild, and I find it to be the most peaceful part of my day to write. I also write after work and on weekends at home and at my OBX beach house.

What brings you to WWK?

I love reading the Writers Who Kill blog, so I’m thrilled to be part of it. Many of the bloggers are author friends who are great writers.


Tell us about yourself.

By day, I work for a global financial firm as an assistant, notary administrator, and reporter. When not working or writing I attend classic car shows with my 1955 Torch Red, Ford Thunderbird. I also have grown daughters and a granddaughter.

What do you write?

I write short crime fiction and cozy mysteries. My protagonists are female business owners and amateur sleuths who solve crime and murder. The stories appear in over a dozen anthologies that include Virginia is For Mysteries, Mutt Mysteries, and Costal Crimes.

18 comments:

  1. Debra H. GoldsteinMay 30, 2024 at 3:11 AM

    Welcome to WWK. Love the red Thunderbird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debra! It’s so much fun driving it!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to Writers Who Kill, Teresa. I look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jim! I'm really happy to be a part of this group and reading your blogs as well!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to WWK, Teresa! That car is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette! I'm happy to be part of the group!

      Delete
  4. Glad to have you aboard.
    Your dog sounds much like one my brother-in-law found as a puppy in the middle of nowhere (he was a mine inspector for the state of West Virginia, checking on abandoned mines.) He says it's quite obvious, even without papers, that the pup, which of course he brought home, is a pure bred West Virginia Brown Dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about brown dogs. Their color is beautiful! I'm also looking forward to reading your blogs on WWK!

      Delete
  5. Welcome aboard, Teresa!! You have to take us all for a ride in that beautiful red car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to drive the T-Bird to Malice to cruise with y’all! I'm also happy to be a part of such a supportive blog group!

      Delete
  6. Welcome Teresa, Love the T-Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kait! I also love the interview questions!

      Delete
  7. Welcome aboard, Teresa! It's so nice you've joined us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, your car is beautiful! And I'm so excited you're joining Writers Who Kill. I envy you your OBX beach house. I got to stay at the Outer Banks one weekend many years ago and I though it was a lovely place. (I had to remove my previous comment to correct a typo.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to being a part of the group!

      Delete
  10. We are thrilled to have you join us at WWK.

    ReplyDelete