Monday, November 8, 2021

Deadlines...deadlines...

 by Shari Randall



I saw this meme the other day and it captures too well life at my house the last few weeks. 

It is a wee bit ironic that when I'm on deadline I suddenly notice all the tasks that I could be doing perfectly well when I'm not on deadline, tasks that I ignore the other 200 or so days of the year but now are of the utmost importance. Scrub the grout? Iron those cloth napkins? Dust the bookcase? I must do it now!

Sorry this is a bit short today, but I really am going to get back to writing Ice Cream Shop Mystery #3...or vacuuming.

What's your favorite way to procrastinate?






7 comments:

  1. Making lists of things I should be doing once this approaching deadline is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have that fabulous Miele vacuum. See, kismet. For me it's social media - and cleaning - and did I mention the gardens need weeding. When I was in grade school. Third grade I think, they showed us a super 8 movie. The theme was - insert hushes whisper here - Procrastination is the Thief of Time. I think most of us considered it an education in things we could use to procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost anything, including reading blogs . . .
    Good luck with your deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is organizing, filing, and tossing stuff out. On the flip side though, while I'm doing all this, my subconscious brain is working on the book and, hopefully, figuring out some of the details that have been vexing me.

    Good luck making your deadline, Shari!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weeding, mopping the kitchen floor, or deep-cleaning the bathroom. Good luck with #3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an expert procrastinator, but housework definitely does not enter into the formula!

    Remind yourself that the kitchen floor will be even cleaner next week if you wait a week to wash it.

    ReplyDelete