Friday, July 15, 2011

Aotearoa





An Aotearoa Story

G’Day

It was a holiday weekend and my Sheila was doing hard yaaka while I was pissing around. Luckily she did not go wobbly or whinge about it. She went to the local chippy shop to get a clipper. Well that went straight down the grugler. She had to go to wop wops but being no drongo she found the goods. The chick came home to bash my ear about it. I admit I was a bit of a dag when she couldn’t figure out how use the clipper but for me it was a piece of piss. Some cockle, eh? I’m mean, I’m not skiting or anything. Then we went out for shark and taties. Since we aren’t de facto any more we’ve been happy as larry.

Cheerio,

Do you speak Kiwi? Did you follow me, mate?

This coming Monday though mid November I’m going to be on the land of the long white cloud, New Zealand, We’ll even have some rellies visit us there. I plan to keep blogging, though, you can’t get rid of me that easily.

I won’t be able to reply quickly to remarks on my blogs after this date since it will be tomorrow where I am when the blog goes up here today, but I hope you will continue to read and comment.

15 comments:

  1. I'm planning on changing the banner across the front of the blog to: BULL ABROAD

    Sorry-I just thought of that yesterday. It has a certain ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, have a great time. It's a wonderful opportunity. How long will you be gone? And post all about it so we can go virtually too! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EB, The banner does have a certain ring to it. I will return in November. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I've never visited Australia but my younger son has been there a number of times on business. He fits in time to sightsee and loves the country and the people. Can't imagine a more exciting trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooooo envious. New Zealand is the place at the top of my travel wish list.

    I do hope you will share some of your impressions from your stay there.

    And keep sharing some of the lingo. Not sure I got all of it, but was huge fun reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jacqueline,

    I'm looking forward to the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kari, I definitely will report from NZ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a nephew in new Zealand and a sister and several friends in Australia. Their reports of both countries make me want to visit. i hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daddy, who was in the U.S. Navy for 40 years, said New Zealand was the most beautiful place he'd ever been. Have a wonderful time, Warren!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Alice,

    I have not yet heard anyone say they did not like the country. I'm excited and still running to get everything done by Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Warren. As a kiwi I need to tell you your post was post was Aussie speak. :) no worries mate, I'm sure you'll have grouse old time downunder. Enjoy your trip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee,

    Newzealandnz.co.nz lied to me then. At least their New Zealand Slang page did. Bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful trip! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete