Saturday, September 30, 2023

Small Publisher / Big Heart by Rosalie Spielman

I'm thrilled to welcome Rosalie Spielman back to Writers Who Kill. Take it away, Rosalie!

Thanks for letting me step in, Kait!

Hello readers!

As I shared with you last year when my first Hometown Mysteries came out, my small publisher, Gemma Halliday Publishing, made a donation to the Disabled American Veterans (DAV). This came about when Gemma Halliday herself read the section I included at the end to share organizations that provide assistance to Veterans. After reading it, she made a note in the margin that she'd like to donate a portion of her proceeds to whichever organization of my choice.

I dried my happy tears and wrote back, choosing the DAV, which assists all Veterans, not just those disabled. When all was said and done, Gemma Halliday Publishing let me know the donation came out to around $300, which ain't too shabby.

Now with my third Hometown book, Murder Comes Home, she has offered to do the donation again. I again chose the DAV, because of their good work. Murder Comes Home is available for ebook preorder now, and will be available in paperback. The release date is 7 November – very close to Veterans Day itself. If you'd like to be a part of GHP's donation, please preorder or buy within the first week!

But, like the infomercial hosts say – but that's not all!

 I got an email a few days ago about a weekend sale – this weekend – of select Aloha Lagoon titles, including my Death Under the Sea. The big news is that Gemma Halliday is going to donate all of GHP's proceeds from this weekend's sale to disaster relief for those affected by the fires in Maui.  (September 28 to October 1: select titles on sale for $0.99).

See https://www.gemmahallidaypublishing.com/sale for more information!

So, if you're interested in my other release this fall, Hallo-waiian Murder Mystery (ebook available 3 October 2023; paperback available now), but want to get started with the first book with my characters, jump on this sale and grab Death Under the Sea!

 Hallo-waiian Murder Mystery: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJKY72KQ

 

I am honored to be published by a company that really cares!

Readers, what is your favorite charity?

Hometown Mysteries #3, Murder Comes Home

 Army retiree Tessa Treslow is as excited as the other residents of New Oslo, Idaho, when the cast and crew of the TV show Picks with Ricks comes to town! Tessa and her Aunt Edna put their car restoration business on hold to let the celebrity antique hunters pick through their old garage, hoping the trash contains a treasure that will help fund their new business. But it turns out that the pickers come with TV cameras, likeable stars, a stressed-out producer—and a murderer!

The show’s lead makes an insistent offer on one of Aunt Edna’s renovation projects and won’t take no for an answer. And when Tessa finds the show's cameraman dead in the restored 1965 Mustang, Tessa knows murder has come home yet again. And the mystery takes a very personal turn when the dead man is found with an antique inscribed pocket watch connected to the former owners of Aunt Edna's farmhouse. As Tessa digs into the history surrounding the pocket watch and the relationships of the TV crew, shocking details—both old and new—arise. Will Tessa be able to catch a killer...before they return for a repeat performance? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9S126XG



Rosalie Spielman is a mother, veteran, and retired military spouse. She was thrilled to discover that she could make other people laugh with her writing and finds joy in giving people a humorous escape from the real world. She writes cozy mysteries for the multi-author Aloha Lagoon mystery series and her own Hometown Mystery series, both with Gemma Halliday Publishing.

 She currently lives in Maryland with her husband in a rapidly emptying nest. For more information on her books or to subscribe to her newsletter, go to www.rosalie-spielman-author.com, follow her Facebook page (Rosalie Spielman author), or join her Facebook group, You know the Spiel! Rosalie strives to provide you a cozy escape...one page at a time.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rose, on all of your publications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father was a member of the DAV for more than 60 years. On his behalf, thanks to you and your publisher for supporting the DAV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bought one for my Kindle! Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came, I saw, I ordered! What a great publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Rose. I love GHP's big heart. I also love that title - Hallo-waiian Murder Mystery. Please picture me guffawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! Thank you, Jim, it is a wonderful organization. They even assisted my husband when he got out. And thanks, Molly. I love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I love hearing how amazing Gemma is! I’m so thankful to be part of her team!

    ReplyDelete