Friday, February 8, 2019

Newspaper Article Headings: AKA Where have all the copy editors gone? by Warren Bull

Newspaper Article Headings: AKA Where have all the copy editors gone? 
by Warren Bull




Image by Elijah O’Donnell on Upsplash

Man kills self before shooting wife and daughter
Something went wrong in jet crash, expert says
Police begin campaign to run down Jaywalkers
Panda mating fails: Veterinarian takes over
Miners refuse to work after death
Juvenile court to try shooting defendant
War dims hope for peace
If strike isn’t settled quickly, it may last a while
London couple slain; Police suspect homicide
Red tape holds up new bridges
Man struck by lightning faces battery charge
New study of obesity looks for a larger test group
Astronaut takes blame for gas in spacecraft
Kids make nutritious snacks
Local high school dropouts cut in half
Hospitals are sued by 7 foot doctors
Typhoon rips through cemetery: Hundreds dead

6 comments:

  1. These are funny. Good point about copy editors!! Seven foot doctors was my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man struck by lightning was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving me a morning chuckle! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Warren, so funny. I'm still smiling over this. I enjoyed all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that shooting juvenile defendants just might constitute cruel and unusual punishment, and I don't see how it will cut down on gun violence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! Thanks for my laugh for the day.

    ReplyDelete