Monday, January 23, 2012

What Are You Writing?

Over the last year and a half, I’ve talked about writing my WIP, TOASTING FEAR. Most of my blogs have described my observations about writing, what obstacles I’ve encountered, how I’ve handled critique remarks and edits, what methods I’ve tried, how I’ve created characters—their arcs and motivations and what plot points I’ve determined.

All of the writers on WWK write blogs every week to discuss their writing. But another factor—the reason we blog—is to promote our work. It occurred to me that I have no idea what WIPs my fellow bloggers are creating, which, to say the least, is counterproductive. And if I don’t know, how would you, our readers, know? Blogging about our writing experiences and our interests is all well and fine, but we also must let our readers know what we are writing. 

For the next few weeks, I’m going to interview my fellow bloggers and blogger alumni, James Montgomery Jackson, Pauline Alldred, KB Inglee, Kara Cerise, Alyx Morgan, Gloria Alden, Warren Bull and Linda Rodriguez about their WIPs by asking each of them to answer the following questions or provide information about their work.

1. Name the title or tentative title of their WIP?
2. Provide the jacket blurb of their WIP. 
3. In what stage of progress is their WIP?
4. How many hours per week they are able to devote to their writing?
5. What are their aspirations for their work?
6. In relation to their WIP, where do they hope to be by the end of this year?

Over the next few weeks, I hope all of us will become acquainted each other’s work. I’m interested, and I hope you will be too. 


8 comments:

  1. Thanks, EB. That's a good idea. I know we bloggers are at different stages of our writing careers. I, too, would like to know what each of us is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. I look forward to learning about how others see their writing and what they are working on. I sincerely believe there are as many ways to write as there are writers.If you listen to anyone who sets him/herself up as an authority, you stifle your imagination and your innate ability to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we communicate, it is usually about schedules, peer review of our blogs, or other WWK matters. Perhaps we are all so busy, talking to each other about our work seems if it is more work. Kind of seems bass akward, and it isn't as if I haven't wondered. I just never asked the question. How stupid is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a very good idea. I'm looking forward to your blogs interviewing my fellow bloggers and alumi of WWW. We are all too busy to start lengthy emailing of each other, so this is the perfect way to learn more about what each of us are writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea, EB! I'm new to the blog, of course, so it has real appeal for me. I'm very interested in knowing what my new blogmates are working on, and I'm always interested in learning how other writers manage their time and deal with the odd pressures of writing. Thanks for facilitating this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent idea, E.B.! I've been putting a little something about what I'm working on in my newsletters. I started that after getting newsletters from others that had that info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kaye--it sort of is the point--of course writing about writing because we're writers--is fine, but we also have to get our "fruits" out there in cyberspace. Notice I've avoided using that "p" word. No writer likes it. But I do like your newsletter. I'm on your list. Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you are working on your series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, E.B.! I did get some work done this week and hope to get back to normal very soon.

    ReplyDelete