Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flying cars--I want one!


Your character is being chased in this car, which can go to speeds as much as 95 mph or more.  The bad guys are driving a fast car, too. But there’s one problem. Their car can’t take off and fly.

Your character is test driving this new car. Maybe the bad guys will think he/she is someone else. And off he goes into the wild blue yonder.

Of course, this car in the air only flies 40 mph right now. But think of the possibilities you could use with this flying car. It could be a comedy, a drama, a dream.

I live in Central FL and in the link above shows the car driving from Central FL to another state. I-4 is one of the worst interstates for accident in the country. When I drive it to work, and there are accidents or slowdowns for no apparent reason, I often sit there wishing for this car. Except I didn’t know it existed until the other day.

When these idiots who drive recklessly, nearly clipping car after car, or flipping people the bird because there’s nowhere to get out of their way,  how fun it would be to suddenly turn the car into an airplane and take off away from them.

When I was a child I dreamt of flying cars, colored TV and other things that have come to reality over the years. Wish I had been smart enough to figure out how to design them.

What would you do if you had this car? How would your character be able to use this in a chase scene?

7 comments:

  1. If my main character had such a car, she would be able to fly from one island to another in the Outer Banks and see the demons, ghosts, bad guys and cops. Maybe a larger perspective would keep her from losing faith.

    Air travel, seeing foreign lands, and experiencing cultures other than my own is expansive. It also makes you appreciate home all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My main character would keep the car hidden and blow up the plant where it was built, not out of greed but to protect humanity. If traffic jams are bad and driving is dangerous on the the ground. imagine the chaos that would ensue if idiot drivers could move in three dimensions! Imagine the parking problems in someone could park on top of your vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I write paranormal, my flying car scene would have a flying hero. Of course, he would be the hero pursuing the heroine in the plane. And she thought she'd get away haha!

    It's so nice to hear about these new creations. It stirs our creative minds. Anything is possible to come out on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warren, I like your idea! Why share a car that others can mess up and take your space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if roof tops would be made into parking lots. At least, if there were many flying cars, there wouldn't be so many road repairs. A visitor from California said New England has two seasons, winter and roadwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a lot of things you can do with a flying car, but if they do release it to the public, I bet the price would be pretty high up there. The first ones to have them would probably be celebs and politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're certainly right about that Tari. Hence, from its first week of release, expect no traffic in the air, citizens of America. LOL! I can't imagine driving a $279,000 car with wings on the road. I’ll just be hitting everything on the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete