Friday, October 21, 2011

Ode to my Muse


Ode to My Muse


Now I lay me down to sleep

I look for peace In slumber deep

Counting characters instead of sheep

My writing brain goes beep beep beep

That change of scene lies in a heap

The villain’s plan just will not keep

And he must sew ‘ere he can reap

The hero, gagged, can only, “Meep.”

“Til the heroine comes at a creep

She’ll cut his bonds and up he’ll leap

Away from lava’s deadly seep

To make the villain gnash and weep

The cobwebs from my brain I sweep

I spill my thoughts on paper cheap

So melancholic I could weep

Now turn off brain. I need my sleep.


Note: I will be touring the North Island of New Zealand for most of this week so I won't be able to respond to you comments, but please feel free to tell me what you think. I'll read the comments when I get back

2 comments:

  1. I like to enter my fictional world while I'm waiting for sleep in the hope that a dream will reveal a plot point. Sometimes it works but not always in the way I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes plot in my sleep, too. It's annoying because I will wake up periodically, knowing that I'm plotting, but of course do I write anything down? No, I roll over and go back to plotting. Sometimes I will devolve other authors' work in my brain. I remember the plot line as if on a graph, the line jogging back and forth, then climbing upward soaring and then falling to conclusion and thinking what a great job that author did plotting. No, I don't remember the author either.

    ReplyDelete